Tuesday, June 15, 2010

At least I won't be barefoot . . .

Wow! Hi! Apparently it's been a little bit since I've updated this blog. The truth is that essentially it's because I tried my hardest to take a break from all this. And with all the major decisions out of the way, I decided it was going to be ok for me to release the tightly wound knot I had on my life for juuuuuust a little bit.
Don't worry I didn't untie that little stinker all the way. I was still busy buying mason jars for flower center pieces, wandering Williamsburg looking for an altar piece, and ordering chairs, dishware, silverware, napkins and tableclothes (which P.S. it turns out the tableclothes I thought were heavy duty paper, were actually plastic, which is just not gonna fly. So much for going the cheap route. Regular linen table clothes it is!). I also began work on the ever dreaded seating chart. Which is apparently just as hard as everyone says it is. I really can't even talk about that. It unfortunately brings out the anxiety ridden be-otch inside of me. And just to clarify, Michael hasn't actually said that to me out loud, but I can read the look on his face when I begin to raise my voice and exclaim to the world that there is NO WAY we can fit so and so at the table with so and so because the other so and so couldn't sit with this so and so!!! DUH!! . . . yeah sorry about that. :-/
Anyways there are a few distractions that found their way into my everyday in recent weeks. For starters Michael and I both suffered a really nasty stomach flu. It lasted 7 days for both of us. NOT FUN. And for even more important amazing seconders, not only did my friend Nicole get engaged a few weeks ago, my friend Jen also just got engaged this past weekend!!! I am so head over heals thrilled for them both and it was a pleasant distractor from the stresses of planning my own wedding. YAY!!
But to get to the real reason I brought you all here today . . .
A few weeks ago my friend heather and I took a Saturday afternoon and went to like every shoe store south of 14th street to look for my shoes for the wedding. We found nothing. NADA! Which gave way to the realization that I would probably have to find these puppies online. So I decided the best thing to do would be to order a bunch of stuff on Zappos, and find out what works and what doesn't, because they have the easiest and most convenient return policy, no questions asked. So I ended up finding a shoe that I really loved. It was a burnt orange color with a peep toe and 4 inch heel. Only problem was the 7.5 was too big, so I sent them back and ordered a 7. All set right? WRONG! The 7 was WAY too small. Ok, now I'm back at square one. I sent the second pair back and decided to just breath on the shoe thing for a bit.
And while Michael and I were out doing errands this weekend we stopped in one of my favorite stores that hadn't had anything for me a few weeks prior, hoping the inventory had changed. And it had!! So I got these puppies. I love green. And the heal is nice and thick so it won't get stuck in the grass. They are comfortable and not too high, so I know I won't be hurting 1o minutes into the ceremony. Best part is, Michael loved them!!
So . . .
Shoes: Check
Everything else: Oye Ve!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes! What is the store called that you found them called!?

    ReplyDelete