So as most of you know, I was really really loving J.Crew's wedding collection. They are opening a new Bridal/Wedding only boutique on Madison Ave. here in NYC on May 27th. So I made an appointment for the 12th of June. After making the appointment I spoke with my dress consultant, Pam, and she informed that many of the dresses I liked were on very low inventory in my size at this time, including the one I was really loving the most. And if this dress was going to be THE ONE I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers cause I couldn't go in for an appointment for another month and a half. So I ordered this lovely little thing online asap. She came in the mail last Friday. And sadly . . . it was NOT good . . .
The dress fit just fine, but it's a $425 dress, and feels like a $425 dress. Know what I'm sayin'? I just didn't like the way it fell on me, and the chiffon was A LOT creamier colored than it appears in the photo below. So the next morning off I went to the J.Crew on 5th Ave to return it. Which by the way, was the easiest return experience of my entire life. I really felt like this dress was perfectly me. So I'm pretty bummed that it didn't work out, but life goes on.
Although I was supposed to now wait until June 12th for my Mom and sister to make the trip to New York to do the whole dress finding thing with me, my curiosity and pure impatience got the best of me and I ended up checking out this little boutique in the Lower East Side, Saja. www.sajainc.com. Michael and I (YES both me and my Hubby to be went into a bridal store together) went in there on Sunday just to peak. The owner, Thea, was super sweet and informative and let me try on a few dresses even though I didn't have an appointment since she didn't have anyone coming in at that time. I tried on 4 different dresses. The first one was a definite no go. The next two I actually liked a lot, but something was missing. And when I tired on the 4th, something just felt different. For all of the first 3 dresses Michael's comments were, "yeah it's nice" or "sure, I like it". And for this last one his response was, "I like it, NO I love it. I love this one. You look amazing." And let me tell you I felt pretty amazing. I hadn't pictured myself in a mermaid dress, but it turns out something like this is better for my figure. AND it makes me look like I have a butt!!! The more I think about the dress and imagine it in my mind the more I love it and want it to be mine.
Anyways, Thea explained that we are sort of at the end of dress buying season here. She said that right now the women buying dress are buying them for September and later weddings. And that an August wedding at this point is pushing it for getting a dress in time. If I had come in a month from now she would have had to put an order in for the dress to her manufacturer, and those orders can take up to 8 weeks or more. OUCH! I guess that's why women buy their weddings dresses so early on in the wedding planning process. Who knew? Not me! Hence, I am going back there today to try on the dress in my size. I only tried the sample size on Sunday, which was a tad too big. And the best part is, my sister Diana is in town dealing her car that broke down the last time she was here, so she is coming to look with me!! Sad that our Mom can't be there, but she'll be there in spirit. And I'm sorry lady friends of mine, the only appointment she could give me this week was today at 5, and I know most of you can't make something that early. But don't worry I still wanna have a dress revealing party like we talked about. Anyhoo, wish me luck!! This is it here:



No comments:
Post a Comment