Anyways, all those close up of shots of that dang ring made me realize that I should take some nice shots of my newly purchased wedding band. We went into Doyle and Doyle on Sunday, the same store Michael purchased my engagement at, and took a look. Doyle and Doyle at www.doyledoyle.com specializes in vintage, antique, and estate jewelry resale. It is one of the classiest and most beautiful stores I've ever been in, and it manages to be that way without one bit of pretension. You will never be judged on how little or how much money you intend on spending. Nor will you be pushed to make any hasty decisions. So, anyhoo, I fell in love with this band the moment I saw it. I knew immediately it was exactly what I was looking for, and it was EXACTLY my size. Umm . . . FATE! It's platinum. Which is super cool, and it's tiny. Which I love, and the little leaf like engravings are just PERFECT. And really the coolest feature of the ring is that the wedding date of the original couple who owned it is engraved on the inside. "6 - 19 - '28", along with the couple's initials. So the ring is from 1928!!! How cool is that?!?!?!?!
I took these pictures with Michael's camera this morning and my handy 50mm macro lens. The backdrop is our window sill. The ring sits on about 8 layers of white paint that are very quickly eroding away because it's Lena's favorite place to hang out and catch some rays, hence all the little doggie scratch marks. All well, it's where the best light in the apartment is. Hope you all like it. :)
**Remember you can click on the images below and a larger image will appear**



It is sooo beautiful! I love that is has the engraving and its from 1928!! Looks great with your engagement ring:) :)
ReplyDeleteOh thank you honey!! I know the 1928 thing is the coolest!
ReplyDelete