Ever since going to our friends Ryan and Sara's wedding last August I knew I wanted Cupcakes instead of Cake for my wedding whenever that would happen.
And well yes, duh, it's happening now. So bring on the Cupcakes!!
It seems to be a trend that's picking up quite a bit of speed these days in the world of weddings, so there are lots of old businesses now catering to it, and new businesses popping up that seem to be jumping right on the band wagon. Which is lucky for me because I thought I was going to have to ship cupcakes from NYC to Rochester the day of the wedding. I mean there are COUNTLESS bakeries here that just make you wanna scream for mercy. I mean cupcakes that cause your mouth so much pleasure you feel like nothing else on the planet could ever live up to it, EVER, for the rest of your life.
Ok anyways . . .
So when my mom and I were at the florist on Saturday, one of the guys there recommended this place in Rochester called "Sugar Mountain." I haven't tried them yet, but the website is incredible. There's like 60 different cupcakes to choose from or something, and they look beautiful. My mom and dad sampled some last night. There will be no orders made until I return to Roch and can sample some myself, because I'm a control freak. But I'd love for y'all to check out the website and put in your votes for the top 4 cupcake flavors I should have at the wedding.
XOXOXO

Hi Alexandra!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! How on earth will you choose? This selection, with all of its razzles and drizzles and flavorings reminds me of The Apprentice Finale that I watched on Comcast last night trying desparately to find you. I did!!! Yea! Remember the many Snapple flavoring choices made available for Bret and Holly? I think your cupcake choices top that episode! You can't beat a deep, rich chocolate with a icings in your colors and/or a rich wedding cake flavor with icings in your colors. Back in the day, Bill and I chose a rum cake which was a little out of the ordinary. Loved it a year later as the top of the cake went into the freezer for our first anniversary. What fruit is in season in August? I'm thinking peach which might be incorporated in the far reaches of the baker's imagination. Whatever you choose will be wonderful!!! Love, mtb